Remove this ad

lta

Assistant Pilot In Command (APIC)

Lead

Feb 19 14 4:31 PM

Tags : :

This is the current condition of my intrepid balloon. Used a small medicine cup and painted it army green. I think it's coming along nicely!imageimage
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

parseval pask

Airship Crew Chief

#1 [url]

Feb 21 14 1:20 PM

Hi lta
Are you going to put Count Zeppelin in it? He went to America as a military observer and ascended in Union Army observation balloons, although I do not know if he ever went up in the Intrepid.
Alan.

Quote    Reply   

lta

#2 [url]

Feb 22 14 8:02 AM

Count. Zeppelin

I don't think He did. He came to observe the Union Army Balloon Corps, but he did not fly in the intrepid. This is a army soldier painted blue for the union. I have it flying right now. But its in my class room and can not post pics of it. Its a project for the 150th anniversary of the Civil War. And Were conducting a big presentation on it soon. Once the project is over with I'm going to make a model envelope out of a styrofoam ball and cover it in brown cloth. Were using a balloon now..

Quote    Reply   

lta

#3 [url]

Mar 1 14 10:00 PM

Back to the drawing board...

Well everything was going fine until my basket broke going to the presentation. We had to tape it and had to work with what we had. The kids really enjoyed it. They wouldn't leave it alone. It's amazing It got out of there in one piece. So now I have to make a new basket... Yayimageimageimage

Quote    Reply   

lta

#4 [url]

Aug 5 15 7:59 AM

Year and a half later...

Hello everyone,
Sorry for being a little late, but never late than never I suppose? I had to make a new model of the civil war balloon due to one of our groups members taking the original one to the Mitten with him when he moved. So now I am considering using a sky lateen as the balloon part of the model. I'll keep you guys posted.
Cheers 🍻

Quote    Reply   

DeKa

Airship Crew Chief

#5 [url]

Dec 21 15 3:14 PM

Hi,
I'm looking forward to your new version.

For your reference here is an actual photograph of the Intrepid (most likely a so called glass-photo, a glass plate used instead of a paper-back):

The above photograph was used for this well known image (which is actually heavily retouched in the upper part):

Regards,
Dietmar

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help